ENJOY SYROS / TIPS
Syros (or Syra) is the commercial, administrative and cultural center of the Cyclades.
- You can visit all the neighbouring islands of the Cyclades from Syros, as well as Astypalea, Rhodes, Karpathos, Crete, Chalkida, Skiathos and Thessalonica.
- Taste the traditional sweet "loukoumi" (photo), halvapie (chalvadopita), small rocks (vrachakia), masticha and the marzipans!
- If you order "little fish" (psaraki) don`t expect to eat fish. The syrians call the beef like that...
- Visit the Museums and the culture centers of the island. Leave rich of ancient hellenic knowledge and high aesthetics.
- "Karavoli" is the word that syrians use for the snails that they cook with tomato and aroma from sage.